Our commitment to You
As a Patient of this practice you can expect:
- To receive high quality, patient centred care
- To be involved in decisions about your healthcare and to be given information to help you to do this
- To be treated with dignity and respect by all staff
- To get an urgent appointment at the practice within 24 hours
- To book a routine appointment or telephone consultation within 2 weeks
- To be referred to the hospital of your choice when clinically necessary
- Proactive treatment and management of long term conditions and support to stay healthy
- That we will listen and respond appropriately to any suggestions, comments or complaints that you may have about the practice
In exchange, we expect that you will:
- Attend appointments on time and inform the practice if you are unable to attend or wish to cancel or rearrange an appointment.
- Try to contact the practice during quieter periods (e.g. after 11am) if you have a routine query.
- Understand that it will not always be possible for you to see the GP of your choice, particularly when booking an urgent appointment.
- Allow up to 2 full working days for the practice to process repeat prescription requests
- Treat all staff with respect and be polite and courteous when communicating with the practice in person or by telephone.
- Only request a home visit if you are genuinely housebound through illness, not if you lack transport to attend.